Soviet Ukrainian painter. Honored Artist of Ukraine (since 1996). Member of the USSR Academy of Arts. Born May 6, 1921 in the city of Sochi. He graduated from the Kharkov State Art College (1936-40), where he studied at V. Kobrinsky, M. Deregus. In October 1940, on a false denunciation, he was sentenced to 5 years of camps for anti-Soviet activities. Released in 1947. Rehabilitated in 1961. Member of KhO SHU since 1957. Master of thematic paintings. Participated in exhibitions since 1947, Republican, All-Ukrainian, All-Union and International since 1967. Personal exhibitions were held: Kharkiv – 1972, 1991, 2000. He died in 2001. His works are in museums in Ukraine (Kiev, Kharkov, Poltava, Chernigov), Russia (Moscow, Sochi), Italy (Bologna) and the USA (Philadelphia), as well as in numerous private collections in Great Britain, Greece, France, Japan, Finland, Sweden and Poland.
Photo: Georgiy Georgievich Magomedov “The Wedding” 1968