Soviet Ukrainian painter. Member of the USSR Academy of Arts. Born May 26, 1926 in the village of Bolshoy Bogachke, Poltava region. He graduated from the Kharkov Art Institute (1955). Teachers by specialty – S. Besedin, O. Lyubimsky, J. Karas. He worked in the easel painting industry. He taught at the Poltava Engineering and Construction Institute (1955 – 1959). In 1962 he became the first director of the Poltava Children’s Art School. Exhibitor of numerous art exhibitions. Member of the USSR Academy of Arts since 1962. Major works: “Further Poltava” (1955); “Evening on Vorskla” (1957); “At noon” (1960); “Evening Silence” (1961); “In a new apartment” (1963) and others. Participated in republican exhibitions since 1957. Works are in private collections in Ukraine and abroad.